18 ways to use teatree oil for the whole family
We found these inspiring ideas for staying naturally healthy around the home from keeperofthehome.org. Just shows what powerhouse product teatree oil really is.
- Helps heal and soothe sunburn: Add a few drops to a tsp of olive oil and smooth over the skin.
- Relieves itchiness from rashes as well as helping to reduce rashes: See above.
- Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
- Helps to prevent lice naturally; Just add a few drops to shampoo or rub a few drops directly into your child’s hair before he goes to kindy/school.
- For pet care: A few drops in your pets' crates or beds keep the fleas away.
- Cures toenail fungus and Athlete's foot. Apply a few drops to affected areas after showering.
- Helps remove skin tags. Make sure the area of your skin with the skin tag on it is clean and dry. Use a teatree-soaked cotton ball to rub over the skin tag with the tea tree oil. Tape the tea tree soaked cotton ball over the skin tag with medical tape. Repeat these processes several times a day until the skin tag loosens and falls off on its own.
- Treats acne. Dab a cotton swab into the tea tree oil and apply sparingly over the face, avoiding the eye area.
- Naturally cures bad breath. Swish some tea tree oil and water in you mouth.
- Soothes insect bites: Simply dab directly on to the skin.
- Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions. For psoriasis, dab on affected areas with undiluted teatree oil.
- Works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
- Keeps your bathroom fresh. Simply add a few drops to a white vinegar and water solution and spray around the toilet, bath etc.
- Relieves mild earaches; mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 tsp olive oil, drop mixture into the ear and then remove by tilting head.
- Freshens laundry: Add a few drops in your washing machine to scent your clothes. Also, if you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer, run again with tea tree oil to remove mildew.
- Helps freshen carpet. Mix together half a cup of baking soda and 20-40 drops of teatree oil. Put it in a shaker bottle with holes in the top and let it sit for 24 hours. To use, sprinkle over the carpet, leave for 15 minutes and then vacuum.
- Cleans off mould: Mix apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and half a cup of baking soda. Scrub mould and, if possible, place outside to sun-dry.
- Can be used in a homemade natural deodorant. Click here for the recipe.