Birth partner's hospital bag checklist
Your partner has probably had her hospital bag packed and ready to go for several weeks…but what about you? When your partner is ready to go to the hospital, she’s ready to go NOW, so you need to be prepared! Here are some ideas for what to pack in your bag.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Deodorant (fragrance free)
- Contact lenses and solution
- Snacks – you can’t rely on the hospital vending machines for a healthy snack.
- Coins for when you are tempted by the hospital vending machines!
- Mobile and charger
- Digital camera and plenty of batteries
- Change of clothes (just in case it’s a long labour)
- Nice shirt or top for any posed photos later
- Book, laptop, ipod and headphones and any other portable entertainment. Believe it or not, you may get some downtime between contractions, or after the birth when mum and baby are asleep.
- Any labour support items such as essential oils
- Pajamas if you’re staying overnight
- Any meds or supplements you need
- Jumper/hoodie (it can be cold in the delivery room)
- Wallet – it sounds obvious but in the heat of the moment it’s easy to forget even the most basic things!