Lamb casserole recipe perfect for babies
This lamb casserole is suitable for babies from six months. Makes approximately eight serves for a nine-month-old. Freeze any leftovers into age-appropriate serving portions.
400g lean diced lamb meat (trim excess fat and cut into cubes)
1 medium potato, cut into 1cm cubes
300g pumpkin cut, into 1cm cubes
1½ cups homemade beef broth or water
1 teaspoon avocado oil
A small handful of broccoli florets and carrot sticks
Optional for babies eight months and older:
1. Sauté lamb (and the onion, if using) in a pan with avocado oil until meat is browned.
2. Add liquid, cover and simmer on a low heat.
3. After 45 minutes, add the potato and pumpkin.
4. Gently simmer casserole for 1½ hours. Steam the broccoli and carrot sticks separately until they are very soft (alternatively you can add these vegetables to the casserole 10 minutes before the dish is ready).
5. Blend cooked casserole until the desired consistency is reached.
6. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrot sticks (mash for younger babies).
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 30 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW