Gluten and dairy-free pancakes
Banana & Blueberry Pancakes - gluten and dairy-free
2 ripe, medium bananas, mashed
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups oat or goat milk
1 ½ cups quinoa flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon iodized sea salt
¼ cup blueberries
2 tablespoons pure olive oil, for cooking
1. Combine the mashed bananas, beaten eggs and milk into a bowl and mix well.
2. Whisk together the quinoa flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold the mixture until you have a batter.
4. Fold blueberries into the batter.
5. Heat a large skillet, over medium heat only, and grease using pure olive oil.
6. Using quarter cup scoops, pour two toddler sized pancakes into the skillet and cook until the pancakes form bubbles and are firm enough to flip, approximately 1-2 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook for another 30 seconds, until the underside is also golden brown.
7. Pour the remaining batter into small glass jars with lids. Leave one in the fridge for up to three days and put the others in the freezer for up to a month, pulling them out one at a time the night before you want to serve your toddler pancakes.
Published 14 June, 2013