Curried chicken masala
Chicken Masala - gluten and dairy-free
1.5 kgs of chicken pieces
3 medium pieces kumara
2 cans (400g each) tomatoes, pureed
1 tablespoon pure olive oil
2 tablespoons garam masala
1 teaspoon tumeric
1 to 2 teaspoons iodized sea salt?
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 cup Spinach, fresh or frozen
¼ cup green Peas, fresh or frozen
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 c.
2. Cut up chicken pieces and set aside.
3. Cube kumara and set aside.
4. Mix spices and oil in a preheated saucepan over a medium heat for a few seconds. .
5. Add chicken pieces and kumara to the sauce pan, stir and leave for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour seasoned chicken and kumura into oven dish with lid. Add pureed tomatoes, spinach and peas. Stir, cover and place inside oven.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted into kumara and chicken is fully cooked.
8. Serve with basmati rice.
You may want to puree your toddler’s portion. Alternatively, steam and puree the spinach and peas before baking, but leave the kumara and chicken pieces whole.
Huge thanks to Josmar Hart, mum to a gluten and dairy-free toddler, for supplying this recipe.
Click here for her gluten and dairy-free Blueberry and Banana Pancakes and her gluten and dairy-free Quinoa Fish Cakes