Homemade Bolognese sauce recipe for busy mums
Enjoy the heartwarming flavors of this Homemade Bolognese Sauce, specially crafted to make life easier for busy mums. Delight in the simplicity of preparing a wholesome meal for your loved ones, infused with New Zealand charm and love. This versatile sauce is sure to become a family favorite, creating cherished moments around the table. Give your family the gift of home-cooked goodness with our easy and delicious Bolognese sauce. Embrace the joy of cooking and nurturing your loved ones with this comforting delight. Try it today and make mealtime a cherished occasion! 🍝💖
Bolognese Sauce Recipe:
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cooked spaghetti or pasta of your choice, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add grated carrot and chopped celery, cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add minced beef, and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, basil, thyme, and bay leaf. Mix well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour in beef stock, reduce heat to low, and let the sauce simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes or until it thickens to your desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Bolognese sauce over cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra deliciousness.