Meaty Hot Pot for each age and stage
• 500g lean diced Quality Mark beef or lamb casserole meat such as beef chuck, blade steak or boneless lamb
• 420g can baked beans
• ½ small swede or kumara, peeled and cubed
• 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 onion, peeled and chopped *
• 2 Tbsp tomato purée *
• 1¼ cups water
• 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 tsp oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 O C.
2. In a large casserole dish, mix together the meat, beans, swede or kumara, carrots, onion * and tomato purée * .
3. Stir the water into the casserole mix.
4. Cover and cook at 180 O C for ½ hour.
5. Remove the casserole from the oven and top with sliced potatoes, brushed with oil.
6. Return to the oven, uncovered for 1 hour. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
* Leave these ingredients out for babies around 6 -8 months - see Smooth and Mashed Stages below.
Recipe from NZ Beef and Lamb brochure here.