Pasta: mac 'n' cheese style
No gluten, dairy, soy, egg or nuts
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp oil (rice bran, olive or coconut)
1 pack gluten-free pasta of choice (check it contains no dairy, soy, egg or nuts)
1 tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
¾ cup coconut or rice milk
1 cup vegetables of choice (peas, carrots, broccoli, courgette, diced beans)
Nutritional yeast flakes to taste
Goat or buffalo feta (for adults)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C bake, or 200°C fan bake.
2. Toss butternut squash in a bowl with oil and then pop on a tray. Bake until soft (around 30–40 minutes).
3. Whilst butternut squash is cooling, cook gluten-free pasta as per packet instructions and steam vegetables.
4. When butternut squash is nearly cool, blend with mustard and milk to create a sauce.
5. Stir sauce through vegetables and pasta. To create a cheesy flavour, sprinkle nutritional yeast over the top to preferred taste. Alternatively,
adults (and kids) might like to crumble goat or buffalo feta over the top before serving.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Jaimee Clapham, pixelsandlight.co.nz
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 42 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW