Pizza with Ham and Pineapple
This recipe makes a pizza topped with tomato, cheese, ham and pineapple served with lettuce salad (egg free).
- For the pizza:
- 300ml water
- 3 teaspoons breadmaking yeast
- 450g white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 125g cheddar cheese
- 150g ham
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 green capsicum (optional)
- 8 button mushrooms (optional)
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- For the lettuce salad:
- 1/2 lettuce head
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 40ml vinaigrette dressing
- If required, take any frozen food for tomorrow night out of the freezer and place in the fridge to thaw.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C.
- Measure warm water into a small bowl and sprinkle with the yeast. Stir and leave for 5-8 mins or until beginning to froth. Meanwhile, measure flour, salt and sugar into a microwave proof bowl. Heat on medium power for 1 min. Once yeast is frothy, add this along with the oil to the warmed dry ingredients. Mix well to form a ball. Knead for 5 mins, adding extra flour if necessary. Set aside in a warm place for 10 mins while preparing the toppings.
- Grate cheese, chop ham and drain crushed pineapple. If using, chop green pepper and slice mushrooms. Divide dough into half and roll each piece into a circle approx 30cm across. Place the dough or pizza bases on greased oven trays, pizza trays or pizza stones. Spread tomato pasta sauce evenly over pizza bases. Scatter cheese, ham, pineapple and, if using the capsicum and mushrooms over the top. Finally, sprinkle with dried oregano. Bake pizzas for 20 mins or until cooked.
- While pizza is cooking make salad using these ingredients. Wash lettuce and tear leaves. Chop spring onions and cut tomatoes into quarters. Slice cucumber and peel and shave carrots. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve pizza with salad and salad dressing.
|per serve||% RDI|
|Saturated Fat (g)||9.5||41|
This recipe was provided by Countdown.co.nz