Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with a Soba Noodle Bowl recipe
Indulge in a delicious and nourishing meal with this Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with a Soba Noodle Bowl recipe. This dish combines tender beef steaks with flavorful soba noodles, healthy veggies, and a comforting ginger miso broth. Perfectly balanced and easy to prepare, this recipe will impress your family and friends. Get ready to satiate your taste buds with this wholesome and satisfying culinary creation.
Cooking time: 11-30
Preparation time: 20
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 3 cups soba (buckwheat) noodles, cooked per packet instructions and kept warm
- 3-4 small choi sum, cut in half lengthwise or substitute with small bok choy or 6-8 sweet stem broccoli
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 3-4 soft boiled eggs, peeled
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- Small handful of snow peas
- Toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes, for serving
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown onion, finely-minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced plus 1 tbsp cut into fine juliennes
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and ginger, and cook for a few mins until softened. Add the soy sauce and stir to combine, then add the water and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer uncovered for 2 mins. Place half cup of the broth into a small bowl and stir in the miso to dissolve. Pour the miso broth back into the pot and stir to combine. Keep warm.
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks from the fridge and packaging and allow to bloom at room temperature for 10 mins.
- Rub oil over the Beef Eye Fillet Steaks and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a grill over high heat for 3-4 mins each side. Allow to rest for 5 mins before slicing finely across the grain. Season lightly again.
- Place the choi sum and edamame beans in the ginger broth and bring to a simmer for 1-2 mins to soften. Place a portion of warm soba noodles in the bottom of each serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, place even portions of poached choi sum and edamame beans on each bowl, add a few snow peas and pour the remaining miso broth over the top. Add sliced Beef Eye Fillet Steaks, and the soft-boiled eggs. Sprinkle with the spring onion slices, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and pepper. Serve warm.