Stuffed Chicken breast and kumara mash dinner
Stuffed Mediterranean chicken breasts on balsamic kumara mash with tomato coulis
Mediterranean chicken breasts
4 chicken breasts with skin on
4 slices prosciutto
20g (2 tbsp) fresh sage
80g feta cheese
20ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1. Trim off the excess fat around the edges of the chicken breast, leaving the skin on. Turn the chicken breast over, then turn back the fillet flap of the breast and slice your knife underneath it, creating a pocket.
2. Stuff the pocket with one slice of prosciutto, 5g fresh sage and 20g feta cheese, then close the fillet flap over the top. Repeat the same process for the rest of the chicken breasts.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a high heat. Place the chicken breasts into the pan with the skin-side down, then turn the heat down by half. Turn the chicken breasts continuously to crisp the skin without burning it.
4. After the chicken skin is golden and crisp, remove the chicken breasts from the frying pan and place them on a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven, then let it rest in a warm place for five minutes before serving with balsamic kumara mash and tomato coulis, and a few roasted vine tomatoes on the side, if desired.
Balsamic kumara mash
1kg kumara, peeled and cut into chunks
50g salted butter, softened
50ml (21/2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
1. Boil the kumara until soft. Drain well.
2. Press the softened kumara against the bottom of the strainer with a spatula to squeeze out excess water and remove any lumps.
3. Place the kumara in a bowl, then add the butter and vinegar and mash well.
4 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp fresh oregano
1 tbsp brown sugar
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 1 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW