Makes about 50
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 500g mince
• 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
• 2 green capsicums, finely chopped
• 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
• 1 packet of wonton pastry
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add the mince, and cook over medium heat.
2. When the mince is well cooked, add the capsicums, tomatoes, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about five minutes, turn the heat off, and add the spring onion. Mix well and leave to cool.
3. Cut wonton pastry sheets in half, then place spoonfuls of the mince mixture on each half-sheet. Dip your finger in some water and slightly wet the edges of each pastry sheet. Fold over and seal well by pressing the edges down with a fork.
4. Heat oil to 180°C in a deep frypan or deep-fryer. Fry pastels until golden and crispy, then leave to rest on a paper towel.
See more recipes from our Mexican inspired birthday party
Chicken tacos & guacamole
Ham & cheese mini wraps
Fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips
Peanut butter quesadillas
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 5 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW