You can whip these up in about five minutes - only slightly longer than it takes the kids to demolish the whole batch!
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
100 grams butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Melt butter and golden syrup together in a small saucepan.
4. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup.
5. Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and combine.
6. Roll spoonfuls into small balls, place on a tray allowing for spreading. Press slightly with a fork.
7. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!