• 1 1/2 litres vegetable oil for frying
• 1 cup water
• 110g margarine
• 150g standard four
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 eggs
• 50g white sugar
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a deep pan or deep fryer or a deep frypan, heat oil to 180°C. Oil should be about 1 1/2 inches deep.
2. While the oil is heating, place water and margarine in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Combine the four and salt and stir into the boiling water.Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball, about one minute.
4. Remove mixture from heat and beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag ftted with a large star-shaped nozzle.
6. Carefully squeeze out 10cm long strips of dough directly into the hot oil.
Fry three or four strips at once, until golden brown, about two minutes on each side.
7. Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels.
8. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Roll churros in this mixture while still hot. Serve dipped in melted chocolate or caramel sauce.
See more recipes from our Mexican inspired birthday party
Chicken tacos & guacamole
Ham & cheese mini wraps
Fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips
Peanut butter quesadillas
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 5 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW