220 grams of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 2/3 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of ginger
Optional: coloured icing, writing icing, sweets for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar together
3. Beat in egg and vanilla
4. Sift in dry ingredients
5. Knead gently for one minute or so on a floured surface
6. Cut into four pieces and chill for 20 minutes
7. Roll to 1/2 cm thickness, cut with cookie cutters, bake for 11 minutes.
8. Decorate with icing and sweets, and enjoy!