|Rachel||ewe, female sheep||Hebrew|
|Radmilla||industrious for the people||Slavic|
|Raleigh||roe deer's meadow||English|
|Rama||on high, exalted||Hebrew|
|Ramsay||raven island; ram island||English|
|Rani||she is singing; queen||Sanskrit|
|Raziah||the Lord's secret||Aramaic|
|Reiko||beautiful; lovely child||Japanese|
Choosing your baby's name is something all parents look forward to. You may have a favourite name in mind during or even before the pregnancy, or you may prefer to wait until after the birth to see what will suit your baby.
You may want to consider a these things before making your final decision:
• Does the name you have in mind suit a child as well as an adult?
• If the name is a little creative, could your child be at risk of teasing or bullying when they are at school?
• Does the name shorten to an easily teased nickname? e.g. Richard (Dick)
• How does the name sound with your surname? It might not be advised for Mr and Mrs Park to call their daughter Eden for instance.
• If you have a middle name in mind you may also want to consider your childs initials, for example would you name your child Darren Oliver Gladston giving your child the initials DOG?
• You may want to name your child based on the names particular meaning. Matthew, means 'Gift of the Lord' for instance.